Friday, November 10, 2006

Snake Charmer

Yeah, so it seems I suck at the "writing new stuff" part of blogging. I know.
OK, so I'll write a bit about my snake. For the longest time, my 5 year-old son Jacob and I tried to team up against my wife and convince her to allow a snake in the house. We tried everything. "It'll be educational.", "It will give the boys confidence to discover that snakes aren't scary.", and "Come on they're boys - snakes and snails...". But she wasn't budging.
One night while we were watching some movie, we took a break so I could run down to the freezer for treats. For some reason I decided to make a pit stop at the toilet in the basement. Nobody ever uses that toilet. I lifted the lid and about jumped out of my skin when I saw the snake laying in the bowl. I was sure it must be dead, probably trapped in there for days or weeks. I grabbed a bucket and the plunger to fish it out with. To my delight, it squirmed when I got it on the plunger. It's Alive! So I headed back upstairs with the bucket, a little-boy smile, and a song in my heart. My wife saw the bucket and my grin and said, "Don't even tell me what's in there!" I guess it wasn't quite the treat she was expecting.
After looking on the www, I found out I was the new owner of a fox snake. They grow to about 4 feet long and are a good beginner's pet snake. So the boys and I convinced my wife to let us keep the snake until it got warm enough to release him. This happened in March, 2006 and we still have him - hehe. Jacob named him Wild and exclaimed, "Sometimes wishes do come true!"
-Photos-

1 Comments:

At 11/28/2006 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap, you're the only person I know who got his pet from out of his toilet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home