Monday, July 23, 2007

Pen's

The other day I was at Great Clips, my low-budget choice for hair care. After my cut I went up to the counter to pay and something caught my eye. They, like so many other high end boutiques, had come up with a clever way of displaying the pens available for use by their customers. They had a little flower pot filled with coffee beans and sticking out of it was a flower. It had a stem made out of a pen and had a construction paper flower head taped to it. In the middle of the flower head was written, "Pen's". I did a double take then started laughing a bit too loudly. Not only was the apostrophe incorrect, it was also a bit exaggerated in size. I asked the girl behind the counter if she noticed the sign. I said I wouldn't have given it a thought except that it looked like a completely different word than the one that was intended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home